Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's All In the Details...

I love putting together dioramas because I love small things.  Dainty little items that mirror the full-scale versions we utilize in our own lives.  Just wanted to share a couple of close-up pictures of the kitchen area in the previous photographs.  I received the Orcara wine set recently and it is incredibly detailed.  I have the fruits set as well and I can't say enough about how detailed and realistic these items are.  I think I have as much fun setting up these dioramas as I do shooting them.  

First, the bistro style kitchen table.  I love the wine opener... the set actually comes with everything from wine openers to cigars!  And many, many bottles of wine to choose from.  I'm a huge wine fan (pinot noir!)... but I don't drink often.  But I have to admit there isn't much in the world more wonderful than a good glass of wine!  


And now the stove/oven kitchen area.  Here's a wine rack - stocked with various wines!  We also have some food cooking on the stove top and from the Orcara fruit set, some apple slices on a cutting board.  (The knife and cutting board are actually from a Re-Ment set.)  As I work on these dioramas more and more, I really have begun to realize how much these little details mean.  With each item, you are closer and closer to creating a miniature mirror image of our own full-scale reality.