Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Goth Cleo - An Explanation ... or at least an excuse ;o)

I've added some of my infamous "Goth Cleo" pics to this blog - and will continue to add more of them as well as create new ones.  But given the dark nature of these shots, I felt I should explain a bit about why I create images of a doll murdering other dolls.  You know - so you don't all think I'm just a psycho who knows way too much about Photoshop.  ;o)

A little over a year ago I was swept up in an unfortunate situation that left me feeling - well - angry.  Not just angry... I would have to include hurt, baffled, horrified, and utterly betrayed among the emotions this situation created for me.  At that point I was really getting into the doll photography - using it as a means of therapy for other crappy things happening in my life at the same time.  And I have to admit - it has been incredibly therapeutic for me.  So I decided to channel my white hot anger and hatred into art.  I figured that was healthier than sitting around and dwelling on a situation I had no real control over.

So born of this anger was Goth Cleo - and while she comes across as a mean, psychotic, evil murderer of Barbie, Ken - hell - anyone who gets in her way - she is actually a cathartic and healing visionary for my bruised and battered psyche.  I will admit these particular images are NOT for children (so if you have found this blog and show the other images to your kids, you may want to forgo the Goth Cleo pics by filtering out that tag.... I much prefer this to receiving angry messages.  Thank you in advance.)  And I encourage you to find your own inner Goth Cleo.  And I promise she's very much like Dexter.  She only kills the bad ones.  :o)

- DollsinDystopia

No comments: