Thursday, March 28, 2013

To everyone who went on FB to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monster-High-Rom/368178576534611?fref=ts (AKA Monster High ROM on FB) and scraped their little asses over the coals, thank you.  I just noticed that a ton of other photographers are now going on the page and reporting them as well as sounding off about their blatant theft of our images.  My hope is that enough people have complained (I have at least 2 friends who had images stolen by them in addition to myself) and the page will be taken down.  They must be asleep right now because they haven't removed the new comments (which I screenshot so they are FOREVER now, you assholes) and blocked the other photographers. 

What this comes down to is an issue of respect.  In talking to some of the other photographers personally affected by this FB page, most of them echoed my sentiments - if credit had been properly given and links listed to our blogs and/or Flickr pages, we would have been flattered that anyone liked our photos that much.  But putting a fake watermark on images you didn't create is absolutely theft in the eyes of the law. 

I'm not putting MH photos up for awhile because it seems those are the photos that are most often stolen.  And that makes me sad because I staged some incredible shots recently that I was ready to load.  But I'm angry and I need to get over it.  So until then you are stuck with Barbie, Dynamite Girls, my sexy action figures and my J Dolls. 

 -DollsinDystopia (yes.... true and utter dystopia)...

No comments: