Saturday, September 14, 2013

Dangerous Liaisons....

DISCLAIMER: This is my first attempt at a storyline outside of the cartoons I have done with MH dolls in the past (which can be found on my Flickr feed.)  I'm going to be putting together some story arcs on here but each of them will be a one-off... I don't think I'm going to create a series or build much on any of the characters, although some of them will likely appear in more than one story.  Hope you enjoy!  I have an extremely sardonic sense of humor so please take all of this in the tongue and cheek spirit with which it is intended.  And if not... well... that's why my comments aren't enabled.  And remember ... Trix are for kids, this blog .... maybe not!  :o)


And now..... DANGEROUS LIAISONS......    

THE PLACE: Antoine's in New Orleans.

Prominent New Orleans businesswoman Adelaide Mercer has invited her husband, Etienne's, assistant to dinner.  Rose has agreed to meet for dinner but is surprised at the last minute invitation.

Adelaide: "Well, Cher... I'm sure you're asking yourself why I asked you to dinner this evening.  I appreciate you taking time away from my Etienne, and what I am sure is an ironclad work ethic, to join me for some evening cocktails."


 Rose: "Thank you for the invitation, Mrs. Mercer.  I've never been to Antoine's and I must admit this is a real treat.  But you're right.  I have no idea to what I owe this pleasure."

Adelaide: (smiling slyly) "I'm sure, Cher.  No idea whatsoever.  You're probably as surprised to get this invitation as I was to walk into Etienne's office last night and find him bent over you like you were a contract deadline."


Rose: (attempting to recover from shock) "I.... I... "



Adelaide: (rising to leave) "Cher, you enjoy that wine, this fruit.... go ahead and even order the finest dinner on the menu.  It's all on me.  And trust me, you best drink it in like it's the finest meal you have ever had.  Because as of this moment, you're fired.  This is the one and only meal ticket you are ever getting out of Etienne.  And don't you worry about the annual Winter fund-raiser you were planning for our family trust.  The position has been re-filled.  You have a good evening now, love."

Rose: (trying to regain her composure, she sips deeply from her martini glass) "Well.....  Crap."