Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ooshy Squooshy Lovey Love

So what's a girl to do when she has crushing insomnia due to post-surgical pain?  She photographs and writes a short doll story vignette!  That's what!  Tomorrow (or actually today) is my partner's birthday.  So this is dedicated to him.... the most loving, adoring and wonderful man on the planet.  

I present to you Ooshy Squooshy Lovey Love.... and I hope you have some equally ooshy, squooshy, sappy and loveable moments in your day, too! :o)

xoxo,

- DollsinDystopia


THE BACKSTORY: Dani is a talented photographer whose work is starting to get some real traction in the fashion world.  She has just arrived back home after a 2 week trip to France to shoot a series of fashion shows.  Very career-making and very exciting... Shortly after arriving home, she is visited by Tristan, the yummy morsel she has been dating for the past 2 months.  While she is terrified to vocalize it, her feelings for Tristan are strong and she really hopes the relationship will progress to the next level.   
 
THE SCENE: Dani's bedroom in her East Village apartment.


 
Tristan: "So Dani.... two weeks in France!  Wow!  How was it?  Talk to me!"


Dani: "It was amazing, Tristan.  I feel like my work is being taken seriously and this really may be my big break into the world of fashion photography! But how about you?  How was life back here in the Village?"


Tristan: "Now that you mention it... I had a pretty interesting 2 weeks myself.  I came to a pretty important realization while you were gone...  Dani - I love you and I missed you so much it hurt.  I can't and won't pretend I don't either."

Tristan: "And.... you look speechless.  Say something.  ANYTHING."


Dani: "Not speechless... just unbelievably happy!  I love you, too... and I missed you something awful.  I hope you brought your toothbrush."  ;o)