Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New Kitchen Re-Paint

So... I bought this kitchen set super cheap off of Amazon (this is not my picture - this is one of the pics I snagged off Amazon.com of the original set):

I repainted the island and the stove/oven hutch a satin black using Fusion spray paint.  And I have to say I'm getting better at this.  I left the refrigerator alone because it looks just fine in white.  I still want to try and paint the little dishes and pots that it came with using a high-shine copper paint I bought but I need to figure out the logistics of spray-painting very small things without the force of the paint blowing them away!  At any rate, pics of the newly painted kitchen coming later today.  It isn't perfect - I learn something new every time I do this.  But it's much better than the last endeavor.  And if I get daring, I may try to do some hand-painted touch ups on the eyes of the stove, knobs, etc. with some silver paint.